Football For All
Dungannon Swifts FC fully supports the UEFA ten-point plan which can be read in full below with more details on the UEFA website.
Dungannon Swifts FC issues the following statement in every match day programme and on the pa system at home games:
Dungannon Swifts FC is an equal opportunities club and will not tolerate any form of sectarianism or racially offensive behaviour or chanting. As part of our ongoing commitment to the IFA’s Football For All campaign, Kick It Out, and to equality, anyone caught making racist or sectarian comments may be arrested, prosecuted and banned from the club.
If you hear any abuse of this nature, please report it to your nearest steward or call the help line number 0800 169 9414
UEFA'S TEN POINT PLAN
The plan sets out a number of measures that clubs can take to combat the problem of racism:
1. Issue a statement saying the club will not tolerate racism, spelling out the action it will take against those engaged in racist chanting. The statement should be printed in all match programmes and displayed permanently and prominently around the ground.
2. Make public address announcements condemning racist chanting at matches.
3. Make it a condition for season-ticket holders that they do not take part in racist abuse.
4. Take action to prevent the sale of racist literature inside and around the ground.
5. Take disciplinary action against players who engage in racial abuse.
6. Contact other clubs to make sure they understand the club’s policy on racism.
7. Encourage a common strategy between stewards and police for dealing with racist abuse.
8. Remove all racist graffiti from the ground as a matter of urgency.
9. Adopt an equal opportunities' policy in relation to employment and service provision.
10. Work with all other groups and agencies, such as the players union, supporters, schools, voluntary organisations, youth clubs, sponsors, local authorities, local businesses and police, to develop pro-active programmes and make progress to raise awareness of campaigning to eliminate racial abuse and discrimination.